Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) is a coalition of international and national NGOs working on fisheries and natural resources, especially to protect the right of fishers to resources and improve their livelihoods in three main regions – The Tonle Sap, the Mekong and the Coastal. FACT’s Head Office is based in Phnom Penh with its sub-offices at Kampot (Coastal Program), Kampong Chhnang (South-Tonle Sap Program), Siem Reap (North-Tonle Sap Program), Stung Treng (Upper Mekong Program) and Kampong Cham (Lower Mekong Program). Now FACT is seeking for Cambodian National Finance Assistant position.
Location: Phnom Penh, Schedule: Full-time
Salary: 320$ to 350$
1-Finance Operation and Management:
– The role of Finance Assistant is to take responsibility for the day to day management of the accounting transactions and their recording in the accounting system of FACT.
– Determine eligibility for advance or settle payment or verify accuracy of payment made, according to defined FACT policies and donors’ requirements;
– Entry data into accounting system on daily basis for all accounting transactions (Head office and sub offices);
– Monthly produce monthly staff advance report for all projects to AFM and ensue both budget request and resettlement are made on time;
– Monthly check all expenditures of FACT to ensure accuracy of the account code in consultation with AFM and other concerned management staff;
– Prepare monthly cash/bank reconciliation for all bank accounts accordingly;
– Assist AFM to update on all FACT’s bank accounts and collect monthly bank statement, bank credit advice, bank debit advice and ensure banking arrangements in terms of transfer, withdrawal and deposit money into Bank are accurately done.
– Assist AFM for processing monthly payrolls, NSSF, salary tax, disk pay to process the salary payment to bank and NSSF.
– Assist AFM in procurement processes including obtaining quotations.
– Assist developing and documenting financial management procedures.
– Assist AFM in cooperation with all FACT projects to provide a help desk to all project Admin/accountants.
– Assist AFM preparing documentation for auditor and conducting internal control/internal audition.
– Participate in the Support Unit meetings on monthly and quarterly basis and other meetings of FACT as required.
– Prepare filing of all documentation related to finance documents
– Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and other senior management.
2-Finance Operation and Management:
– Maintain team information system and financial records
– Assist AFM to undertake field monitoring of project activities in relation to the expenses at provinces.
– Assist AFM reviewing and implementing the financial policies and procedures.
– Ensure the right implementation of financial FACT’s policies and procedures.
– University degree in Finance, Management, Development Study or equivalent.
– Three years working experiences in finance, administration, operation support and working with NGOs.
– Ability to prepare financial report on the regular basis in Khmer/English; monthly, semester, and annual.
– Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information.
– Confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
– Bookkeeping, team building and good interpersonal skills
– Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
– Ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, Quick Book and word processing programs, and email.
– Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
– Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal directione
– Good in speaking, reading, and writing in English and Khmer.
– Flexibility and motivation.
– Ability to work in an organized and systematic manner.
– Ability to work in demanding situations sometimes under pressure.
– Cultural awareness.
– Analytic skills.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– Good facilitating skills.
– Honest and reliable.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letter to #57Z, St. 430, Sangkat Phsar Doeum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Office phone: (855) 23 992 044 or send to email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 21st June, 2015 by 5:00 pm. You can learn more about FACT at our website: www.fact.org.kh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.