Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT)
Various Positions with Fisheries Action Coalition Team(FACT)
The Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) was established in 2000. FACT works to strengthen the NGO coalition, and the Coalition of Cambodian Fishers (CCF) for advocacy on fisheries resources; support the capacity development of fishing community leaders and focal persons; and strengthening grassroots organizations (CBOs) to empower them to work and advocate on practical issues that are affecting their livelihoods. FACT implements its program activities in three regions of Cambodia, in particular Tonle Sap, Coastal and Mekong areas.
FACT remains a significant organization protecting and conserving fisheries resources and bio-diversity. To continue meeting the needs of poor fishers and staying relevant to the development context, a new five-year strategic plan is developed, and will be used as framework to guide FACT operations.
Our vision: FACT envisions Cambodian fishers exercise their rights and take ownership in sustainably managing and utilization of fisheries resources to improve their livelihoods.
Our mission: FACT mission is to develop capacity of and work with coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs, research and disseminate information, facilitate dialogues between relevant stakeholders in order to empower fishers to become a strong social force in sustainably conserving and developing fisheries resources.
Goal: Coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs are capable, and their activities are well implemented and effective that ensure the voice of fishers are heard, supported and positive changes are made.
FACT is looking for a talent and qualified persons to work as finance assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Siem Reap Provinces
Report to: Project Finance Officer
Salary: $ 300 to $350
1-Finance Operation and Management:
- The role of Finance Assistant is to take responsibility for the day to day management of the accounting transactions and their recording in the accounting system of FACT.
- Determine eligibility for advance or settle payment or verify accuracy of payment made, according to defined FACT policies and donors’ requirements;
- Entry data into accounting system on daily basis for all accounting transactions (Head office and sub offices);
- Monthly produce monthly staff advance report for all projects to AFM and ensue both budget request and resettlement are made on time;
- Monthly check all expenditures of FACT to ensure accuracy of the account code in consultation with AFM and other concerned management staff;
- Prepare monthly cash/bank reconciliation for all bank accounts accordingly;
- Assist PFO to update on all FACT’s bank accounts and collect monthly bank statement, bank credit advice, bank debit advice and ensure banking arrangements in terms of transfer, withdrawal and deposit money into Bank are accurately done.
- Assist PFO for processing monthly payrolls, NSSF, salary tax, disk pay to process the salary payment to bank and NSSF.
- Assist PFO in procurement processes including obtaining quotations.
- Assist developing and documenting financial management procedures.
- Assist PFO in cooperation with all FACT projects to provide a help desk to all project Admin/accountants.
- Assist PFO preparing documentation for auditor and conducting internal control/internal audition.
- Participate in the Support Unit meetings on monthly and quarterly basis and other meetings of FACT as required.
- Prepare filing of all documentation related to finance documents
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and other senior management.
2-Finance Operation and Management:
- Maintain team information system and financial records
- Assist Project Finance officer to undertake field monitoring of project activities in relation to the expenses at provinces.
- Assist Project Finance Officer reviewing and implementing the financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure the right implementation of financial FACT’s policies and procedures.
- University degree in Finance, Management, Development Study or equivalent.
- Three years working experiences in finance, administration, operation support and working with NGOs.
- Ability to prepare financial report on the regular basis in Khmer/English; monthly, semester, and annual.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information.
- Confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Bookkeeping, team building and good interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills
- Ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, Quick Book and word processing programs, and email.
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal directione
- Good in speaking, reading, and writing in English and Khmer.
Job Title: Community Facilitator Assistant Volunteer
Location: Sihanouk Ville Veal Reanh
Report to: Community Facilitator
Salary : $60
- Assist Community facilitator for document and material support for workshop and conference, clear advances and filing document.
- Ensure that all the expense of field activities and other are correct under FACT’s financial manual and effective with project objective.
- Received and answer phone call in office, call contact to CBO for any information for workshop or conference
- Work closely with Community Facilitator to facilitate, support and feedback to TFN and CBOs to implement appropriate field activities;
- Organize CBOs training based on training need assessment;
- Conduct day to day field visit to provide the consultation, coaching and mentoring to CBO’s executives and TFNs
- Under direct supervision of Community Facilitator, community facilitator assistant will facilitate, support and provide feedback to TFN and CBOs for capacity building.
- Assist Community Facilitator to identify training and capacity development needs related to the project implementation to CBOs and TFN.
- Facilitate the dialogues, meetings, and workshop at commune-provincial level.
- Communicate with local authorities, communities and government agencies
- Graduate university or study four year. Diploma degree in business administration in preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively English in an appropriate and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, Self-directed initiative, interpersonal judgment and assessment skills, flexibility, high tolerance for ambiguity, sensitivity and discretion
- Demonstrable competency in appropriate handling of confidential information
June 18th, 2016
Interested candidates, please submit your most updated Cover Letter and CV with current picture, addressing the position you are applying for and your expected salary to below address: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Finance Assistant
#624, Group 04, WAT BO Village, Sangkat SALA KOMRER, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap Province
Tel: 012 674 638, 063 763 900
- Community Facilitator Assistant Volunteer
# 57z, Street 430, Sangkat Phsar Doeum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 992 044