Various Positions with Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT)
The Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) was established in 2000. FACT works to strengthen the NGO coalition, and the Coalition of Cambodian Fishers (CCF) for advocacy on fisheries resources; support the capacity development of fishing community leaders and focal persons; and strengthening grassroots organizations (CBOs) to empower them to work and advocate on practical issues that are affecting their livelihoods. FACT implements its program activities in three regions of Cambodia, in particular Tonle Sap, Coastal and Mekong areas.
FACT remains a significant organization protecting and conserving fisheries resources and bio-diversity. To continue meeting the needs of poor fishers and staying relevant to the development context, a new five-year strategic plan is developed, and will be used as framework to guide FACT operations.
Our vision: FACT envisions Cambodian fishers exercise their rights and take ownership in sustainably managing and utilization of fisheries resources to improve their livelihoods.
Our mission: FACT mission is to develop capacity of and work with coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs, research and disseminate information, facilitate dialogues between relevant stakeholders in order to empower fishers to become a strong social force in sustainably conserving and developing fisheries resources.
Goal: Coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs are capable, and their activities are well implemented and effective that ensure the voice of fishers are heard, supported and positive changes are made.
Purpose of positions: To increase its roles and responsibilities in contributing to fisheries resources management and conservation in Cambodia, FACT recently signed a grant to implement three-year fisheries resources conservation project on Tonle Sap Great Lake and Mekong Cambodia region, commencing from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
FACT is looking for a number of talent and qualified persons for following positions:
Position: PROJECT OFFICER
Location: Siem Reap, Schedule: Full-time
Report to: Tonle Sap Project Coordinator (TPC) and Program Manager (PM)
- Ensure that the outputs of the project will be achieved according to budget and time frame and responsible for financial management for project funds.
- Involve in project designing, planning, implementation, monitoring, follow-up and evaluation of EU funded project and others projects as require by PC.
- Assist PC/PM and program manager to manage, monitor & evaluate report and others projects as required.
- Involve in developing annual, quarterly and monthly budget plan and work plan;
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly project report as required;
- Provide capacity building to Community Fisheries (CFi) and Tonle Sap fishers network;
- Identify training and capacity development needs related to the project implementation to target groups at Tonl Sap;
- Provide on time information and direct support for developing concept notes for project budget request;
- Be responsible for EU funded project (SFiN-NGO) at south Tonle Sap provinces included Kampong Thom, Siem Reap and Banteay Meanchey;
- External relationships and collaboration with government, NGOs and Donors at provincial level;
- Coordinate organizing workshop and field visit/study tours
- In close collaboration with M&E officer, be M&E contact person for Tonle Sap area
- Perform other duties requested by direct supervisor, senior management and other FACT MT members
- At least a bachelor degree in social science, pedagogy, education, project management or equal).
- At least 2 years experiences in project management
- Strong experience in project implementation
- Strong community mobilization skills and understanding community development concepts
- Creative and flexible person who can work well under pressure
- Ability to read and write Khmer and English, and especially good knowledge in English
- Ability to product project and M&E reports in English
- Ability to design monitoring frameworks/impact assessment tools
- Ability to collect information from a range of sources
- Good experience on project monitoring and evaluation including tools development and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal communication and training skills
- Must be hard worker with strong leadership
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet & E-mail...)
Job Title: Project Finance Officer
Location: Phnom Penh with frequent travel to provinces
Report to: Finance Manager (FM)
January 22nd 2018
Interested candidates, please submit your most updated Cover Letter and CV with current picture, addressing the position you are applying for and your expected salary to below address: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
# 57z, Street 430, Sangkat Phsar Doeum, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 992 044