Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) is a coalition of international and national NGOs working on fisheries and natural resources, especially to protect the rights of fishers to resources and improve their livelihoods in three main regions – The Tonle Sap, the Mekong and the Coastal. FACT’s Head Office is based in Phnom Penh with its sub-offices at Kampot (Coastal Program), Kampong Chhnang (South-Tonle Sap Program), Siem Reap (North-Tonle Sap Program), Stung Treng (Upper Mekong Program) and Kampong Cham (Lower Mekong Program).
Now, FACT is seeking qualified Cambodians to fulfill following positions:
- Admin and Human Resource Manager (AHRM)- 1 position based in Phnom Penh Head Office;
- Assistant Program Manager (APM)- 1 position based in Phnom Penh Head Office
- Community Facilitator (CF)- 2 positions based in Siem Reap Sub Office.
Duties + Requirements
Admin and Human Resources Manager
- Responsible for overall admin management of the organization;
- Coordinate and manage general works including personnel affairs, office equipment management, updating inventory list and public relations of FACT;
- Assist ED/DED to develop the procedures and join staff recruitment, appraisal, motivation, and staff management
- Develop annual staff training need assessment and provide support on the job training to new staff and coaching to all staff;
- Assist ED/DED and other Management Team (MT) to develop and review FACT policies and prepare staff contract yearly and filing;
- Coordinate and maintain a master procurement plan and procurement tracking tools to ensure that procurement takes place as planned to meet the working requirements of field site projects;
- Responsible to organize workshops/meetings/events;
- Ensure that FACT logistics and administrative systems, procedures and controls are in place;
- Maintain familiarity with all FACT donor procurement compliance regulations, ensuring that all projects are aware of these regulations and are compliant with both donor and FACT procedures.;
- Cambodian National;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent;
- At least 3-years working experiences in administration and human resources, experience in working with NGOs is a plus;
- Good experience in policy development;
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills in both Khmer and English;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- High proficiency in both in English and Khmer;
- Ability to work in demanding situations sometimes under pressure.
- Analytic skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Excellent team work;
- High proficiency in computer literacy.
Assistant Program Manager
- Support Executive Director/Program Manager in daily running FACT;
- Support Executive Director/Program Manager in answering requests/emails from sub-offices and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support Program Manager in preparing minutes and reports to donors, NGO partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support Executive Director/Program Manager in on-going liaison with sub-offices, Community-Based Organization (CBO), Community Fisheries (CFi), national and international project partners, donors, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support Executive Director/Program Manager to ensure information/communication between head office and sub-offices is well shared/done.
- Support Executive Director/Program Manager in running meetings/workshops/events;
- Represent Executive Director/Program Manager in donors’ or partners’ meetings/workshops/events.
- Cambodian National;
- A recognized university degree (BA) in Public Administration, Management or other relevant fields or equivalent experiences;
- At least two-year experiences with NGO;
- Good command of English is required. Written and spoken Khmer language would be an advantage;
- Understanding of CBO, CFi, NGO is a plus;
- Ability to contribute to the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects; including the ability to identify and analyse problems with project implementation;
- Good understanding of project management;
- Capacity to manage, build effective teamwork and to achieve agreed outcomes including coordinating the work of others;
- Experience in fisheries sector is a plus;
- Prior experience in liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders in Cambodia including staff, donors, NGO partners;
- High level of communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Commitment to gender equality and knowledge of gender mainstreaming principles and approaches;
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Assist ensuring the implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system, and finalizing all the progress report;
- Under direct supervision of Project Officer (PO), CF will facilitate, support and provide feedback to all fisher networks (TFN, MFN, CFN) and CBOs to implement appropriate field activities;
- Organize CBOs training based on training need assessment;
- Conduct day to day field visit to provide the consultation, coaching and mentoring to all fisher networks and CBO;
- Assist PO to identify training and capacity development needs related to the project implementation to all fisher networks and CBO;
- Facilitate the dialogues, meetings, and workshops at commune, provincial and national level;
- Build and maintain day to day communicate with all fisher networks, CBO, local authorities, communities, government agencies and relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure that all the expenses of field activities and other are correct under FACT’s Financial Policy and in effective and efficient manners.
- Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by Project Officer/ Program Coordinator or Program Manager from time to time.
- Cambodian National;
- Degree in relevant disciplines such as social services, psychology, management, rural development, etc. or equivalent proven work experience;
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in an NGO environment
- Have knowledge of basic accounting/record keeping;
- Experience in managing networks and CBO;
- Good communication & presentation skills with the ability to establish fruitful relationships with the beneficiaries;
- Patience, tolerance, flexibility and commitment to working with disadvantaged people in remote areas;
- Honest, team worker with strong ethical values, sense of responsibility and demonstrated accountability
- Knowledge of computers (word, excel, power point, etc…);
- English proficiency is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and cover letter to #57z, St.430, Sangkat Phsar Doeum Thkov, Khan Chamkarmom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Office phone: (855) 23 992 044 or send to email: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30th January, 2015 by 5:00 pm. You can learn more about FACT at our website: www.fact.org.kh
Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.