Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) was established in 2000. FACT works to strengthen the NGO coalition, and the Coalition of Cambodia Fishers (CCF) for advocacy on fisheries resources, support the capacity development of fishing community leaders and focal person and strengthening grassroots organizations (CBOs) to empower them to work and advocate on practical issues that are affecting their livelihoods. FACT implements its program activities in three regions of Cambodia such as Tonle Sap, Coastal and Mekong areas. In collaboration with different NGOs, CBOs, and CFi partners, FACT focuses its work around the Tonle Sap, Mekong and Coastal provinces on fisheries conservation and issues that affect the rights and livelihood of local fishing communities.
With funding from European Union (EU), FACT has been implementing an Action called Strengthening Capacity of Fisher’ Network and NGO Coalition towards Fisheries Resources Sustainability and Ownership in the Mekong and Tonle Sap Regions (SFIN-NGO), is a three-year (1st January 2016 to 31st December 2018). And it is extended one year in 2019. This Action is being implemented by a consortium of three organizations namely FACT (lead), NAS (co-applicant), and CCF (affiliation). It is being implemented in 2 provinces in Mekong (Stung Treng and Kampong Cham) and 3 provinces in Tonle Sap (Pursat, Battambang and Kampong Chhnang).
The overall objective of SFIN-NGO is: To contribute to the improvement of policies and law enforcement, better access to and control of fishery resources, and improved livelihoods. The specific objective of the Action is to strengthen the grassroots Cambodian fisher and communities in Cambodia’s Mekong and Tonle Sap and empower them to protect and conserve fisheries resources in a sustainable manner.
To achieve the above specific objectives, the results of Action had been formed as follows:
R1. Networking between NGO partners working on fisheries resources management in Cambodia’s Mekong and Tonle Sap is established and well strengthened.
R2. Networking between grassroots fishers and communities in Cambodia’s Mekong and Tonle Sap is established, strengthened and empowered to advocate for better fisheries resources management via policy dialogues and advocacy campaigns.
R3. Fisheries resources in the target areas where the Action is implemented will be increased.
R4. A result of baseline fish catch study and monitoring and evaluation on the fish catch will be produced and disseminated widely among donors, NGO partners and grassroots communities.
R5. Experience, lesson learnt from the Action implementation will be replicated via learning and replication workshop(s).
About the Assessment and Capacity Development Training: the hired consultant will be assigned to conduct the two key steps in order to complete this assignment. First, the consultant is required to conduct the training need assessment (TNA) with 45 NGO partners who members of NGO Coalition on Fisheries (NGO-CF) and are working in the fisheries sector. Second, present findings and recommendations from the assessment will be generated and utilied to develop and provide specific training topics to the NGO-CF members.
The objectives of this consultancy are to:
- Conduct training needs assessment (TNA): on NGO partners’ knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to identify any gaps or areas of need to be enhanced; and determine and prioritize what training needs to be developed and provided to NGO partners to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Provide the training on relevant topics after the results of TNA in order to enhance knowledge, skills, and experiences of the NGO-CF members on relevant topics (based on the result of training needs assessment).
- Expected Outputs
The expected outputs of the consultancy are:
- A concise report in English with a maximum of 30 pages which clearly outlines the TNA process, methods, analysis, findings, and recommendation and applications.
- Oral or visual presentation of the draft and final report to FACT representative for comments and suggestions.
- Submission of the final report, database/statistics, and other relevant documents in soft copy to FACT.
- Formulate capacity building plan and training manual on relevant topics.
- Conduct capacity building activities.
- Produce a training report and submit all relevant documents to FACT.
- Key Activities
In order to achieve the expected outputs, the activities of the consultancy are to:
- Produce a realistic TNA work plan in close consultation with FACT.
- Desk review of relevant documents.
- Design appreciated assessment methods (Outline: rational, objectives, sample approach, data collection tool and approach, and data analysis).
- Prepare and conduct fieldwork data collection with all selected key respondents by applying agreed methodologies including data entry and analysis.
- Meet with the project team to present findings from fieldwork prior to writing the first draft report.
- Produce a precise TNA report.
- Oral/visual presentation draft and final report to FACT and NGO partners.
- Address comments and suggestion and submit the report by the agreed timeline.
- Produce the capacity building plan.
- Produce a training manual on relevant topics including main contents, training methods, training handouts, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provide training to NGO partners.
- Write the training report and submit to FACT.
- Consultancy Qualifications
The consultant shall have the following:
- A Master’s Degree in natural resources management and development, fisheries science, environmental science, development studies, project management, monitoring and evaluation, or related disciplines;
- Minimum of 5 years of working experiences in conducting research and project monitoring and evaluation as well as capacity development activities;
- Experienced in leading TNA, the capacity building.
- Experienced in providing capacity development to NGOs.
- Advanced knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation, report writing, research methodologies as well as research design, questionnaire design, data collection/analysis processes;
- Strong understanding of NGOs networking and community-based organization (CBO) in Cambodia;
- Fluency in English and Khmer and excellent report writing skills.
- Timing and Duration
The total Consultant input is expected 18 working days maximum, starting from Jul 24th 2019 to Sept 4th 2019. A detailed schedule/activity plan for the consultancy will be prepared by the consultant in close consulting with FACT representative shortly after signed contract. All relevant documents must be submitted by Sept 4th 2019, specific date to be agreed upon an agreement signed.
|I||Training Needs Assessment|
|1||Develop assessment plan including tools, sampling methods, data collection methods, data analysis and reporting format, and finalize with FACT team||24-26/Jul||3||Consultant|
|2||Fieldwork data collection with NGO partners||29/Jul-1/Aug||4||Consultant|
|3||Analyse data and write a report of the assessment||2-4/Aug||3||Consultant|
|4||Present findings and finalize the report||16/Aug||0.5||Consultant|
|1||Develop a capacity building plan including content by making use of the findings||16/Aug||0.5||Consultant|
|2||Develop a training manual including main contents, training methods, training handouts, and PowerPoint presentations||19-20/Aug||2||Consultant|
|3||Consult the training manual with FACT team and finalize for the training||22/Aug||1||Consultant|
|4||Provide training to NGO-CF members||Week 4 of Aug||3||Consultant|
|5||Produce the training report and finalize and submit all relevant document to FACT||4/Sept||1||Consultant|
Interested candidates must submit the following documents for consideration:
- TNA protocol including rational, objectives, sample approach, data collection tools and approach;
- A detailed schedule/activity plan, a budget breakdown for the consultancy including fees and travel, accommodation, and other related costs;
- Organizational profile of consultancy agency (if any);
- Curriculum vitae of the core consultant(s)/team detailing core competencies and relevant work experience, highlighting that with a similar focus to the current task; and
- A list of at least two referees.
- Organization Supports
Total task is 18 working days maximum. To help support the works of the Consultant, FACT will supply relevant documents and database if necessary. The list of NGO partners is provided, venue for findings presentation will be arranged by FACT, .
Deadline for submission: by Jul 20th 2019
Interested candidates are invited to submit proposal and other required documents mentioned above to email@example.com.