The Fisheries Action Coalition Team (FACT) was established in 2000. FACT works to strengthen the NGO coalition, and the Coalition of Cambodian Fishers (CCF) for advocacy on fisheries resources; support the capacity development of fishing community leaders and focal persons; and strengthening grassroots organizations (CBOs) to empower them to work and advocate on practical issues that are affecting their livelihoods. FACT implements its program activities in three regions of Cambodia, in particular Tonle Sap, Coastal and Mekong areas.
FACT remains a significant organization protecting and conserving fisheries resources and bio-diversity.
Our vision: FACT envisions Cambodian fishers exercise their rights and take ownership in sustainable managing and utilization of fisheries resources to improve their livelihoods.
Our mission: FACT mission is to develop capacity of and work with coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs, research and disseminate information, facilitate dialogues between relevant stakeholders in order to empower fishers to become a strong social force in sustainable conserving and developing fisheries resources.
Goal: Coalitions of Cambodian Fishers and NGOs are capable, and their activities are well implemented and effective that ensure the voice of fishers are heard, supported and positive changes are made.
FACT is looking now for a talent and qualified person for a following position:
Position: Project Officer (PO)
Location: Siem Reap with frequent travel to provinces around Tonle Sap and occasionally to Phnom Penh
Report to: Tonle Sap Project Coordinator (TPC)
- Ensuring that the outputs of the project will be achieved according to budget and time frame and responsible for project financial management;
- Project designing, planning, implementation, monitoring, follow-up and evaluation of projects as required;
- Assisting TPC to manage, monitor & evaluate projects;
- Involving in developing annual, quarterly and monthly budget and work plans;
- Preparing annual, quarterly and monthly project report and submit to TPC and MT as required;
- Providing capacity building and coaching to community officers, target community fisheries (CFis) and Tonle Sap fishers network;
- Providing on time information and direct support on developing concept notes for budget request;
- Maintaining external relationship and collaboration with NGO partners, government, inter government NGOs and Donors;
- Coordinating the workshops/meetings and field visits for partners;
- Supporting conducting relevant researches;
- Other duties requested by TPC, Management Team (MT) or management.
- At least a bachelor degree in natural resources management, project management, social science or equal;
- At least 3-year experiences in project management, experience in fisheries resource management/conservation and/or running community-based eco-tourism is an advantage;
- Strong experience in project coordinating with relevant stakeholders;
- Strong community mobilization skills and understand community development concepts;
- Creative and flexible person who can work well under pressure;
- Khmer and English proficiency;
- The ability to analyse and write project reports in English;
- Proven commitment to education, target group empowerment, and vision/mission/goal of FACT;
- Ability to design monitoring frameworks/impact assessment tools
- Ability to collect information from a range of sources
- Ability to analyse, conceptualizes, negotiate, and initiate ideas and creative solutions
- Good experience on project monitoring and evaluation including tools development and reporting
- Good interpersonal communication and training skills
- Must be hard worker and honest;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet & E-mail…)
December 1st 2019
Interested candidates, please submit your most updated Cover Letter and CV with current picture with your expected salary to below address: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Notes: We accept your application through email ONLY.